Home Guarding Corps Security increases customer contract base by 25% in last financial year

Corps Security increases customer contract base by 25% in last financial year

by Brian Sims
Corps Security is celebrating another highly successful financial year

Corps Security is celebrating another highly successful financial year

Corps Security is celebrating another highly successful financial year which has seen the company increase its customer contract base by 25%. As well as achieving a number of prestigious new account wins, the dedicated provider of specialist security services also maintained its exceptional contract retention rates with 94% of all contracts retained (building closures accounting for the remaining 6%).

Already operational across a diverse range of vertical market sectors, Corps Security has witnessed a massive upsurge in the number of healthcare-related organisations now procuring its services. The company has also strengthened its foothold in the financial, local Government, research, utilities, arts and leisure sectors thanks to its ability to offer solutions that effectively and efficiently combine security guarding, surveillance technology and remote monitoring.

In addition, Corps Security is reporting high demand from facilities management organisations requiring specialist services.

Thanks to a growing awareness of the advantages of security monitoring, the Corps Monitoring division has also reported increased levels of business. Using state-of-the-art technology, Corps Monitoring provides remote CCTV, intruder alarm and environmental monitoring solutions as well as call centre management provisions.

Based in Glasgow, the Corps Monitoring Centre is nationally acknowledged as one of the leading facilities of its kind in the UK. This business division also specialises in lone worker monitoring. Corps Security’s innovative CorpsGuard next generation smart phone app – which provides enhanced levels of personal safety for individuals – has recently been the subject of a significant order from a major international airline.

While the economic recovery has been a welcome relief for organisations of all sizes, the ever-present terrorist threat means that they need to be extra vigilant when it comes to keeping their people, property and assets safe. That means not viewing security as a commodity purchase.

For their part, security providers absolutely need to demonstrate the highest levels of service along with excellent value for money. Corps Security believes that its ability to offer customers robust, effective and personally tailored solutions that meet their specific needs is more in demand than ever before.

Investment in people

Customer feedback suggests one of the key factors in Corps Security’s recent success is the business’ continual investment in its employees. This ensures that the company retains the highest calibre personnel who, with the requisite knowledge and skills, can enhance their careers and exemplify the company’s 150-year old ethos of ‘Loyalty, Integrity and Service’.

In addition to a Colleague Charter based around the acronym PRIDE – Promise, Respect and Recognition, Information, Development and Envoys – employees also have access to the award-winning ‘Securing Success’ and ‘Securing Excellence’ programmes developed in conjunction with subject matter experts from across the business.

Peter Webster: CEO at Corps Security

Peter Webster: CEO at Corps Security

“More and more organisations are recognising the importance of high quality security provision and addressing this need in a more considered and professional way,” commented Peter Webster, CEO at Corps Security. “This means that our long-established messages are resonating with an increasing number of clients who want to work with a specialist security services provider that offers the value for money and level of service they demand. That situation vindicates the approach we’ve taken to all aspects of our operation. We now intend to build on the highly encouraging performance of the business over recent years.”

Originally established over 150 years ago to provide gainful employment for injured ex-servicemen returning from the Crimean War, Corps Security’s unique history and constitution sets the business apart from the mainstream of UK security companies.

The business presently employs over 3,000 Security Industry Authority-licensed and trained personnel as well as a team of expert managers and consultants operating from a network of 14 regional offices around the UK.

You may also like